Pepper Packed Pasta
• 1 pound spaghetti or linguine, snapped in half
• 1/2 cup Sepay Groves extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 links (12 ounces) precooked chicken sausage
• 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
• 1/2 bunch mint leaves, torn
• Salt and pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Sepay Groves extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken sausage and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then slice crosswise into thin rounds and set aside.
In a large bowl,
toss pasta with the cheese and remaining 7 tablespoons Sepay Groves extra virgin olive oil.
Add the bell peppers, lemon peel and lemon juice. Toss to combine and set aside to cool.
Toss in the reserved sausages and the mint.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
||Suisun Valley Tuscan Olive Oil